Skip to main content

Wednesday Update: 03/28/07

Time is moving by quickly, and while I wish I had more to update everyone on…things are pretty much status quo. We have been waiting to meet with our builder to discuss where we are at with things and what our next steps will be. Unfortunately, it is a slow process and we are trying our best to be patient. We just want things to keep moving forward, but it’s hard to wait. Especially for me…I am NOT the most patient person. So, nothing new to report there.

This past weekend we had some friends and family over to help get our yard cleaned up. We woke up to a rainy Saturday morning, so we didn’t know for sure how much we’d get done, but thankfully the rain stopped and we were able to rake the whole yard and get it spruced up for spring. It helps me to know that we can start the season off cleaned up; making it much easier to maintain from here on out! I will be happy when we don’t have quite so much yard to tend! Our friends and family who helped did a great job, and we are SO thankful!

Therapy at Timbercreek went well on Friday. Matt is really looking forward to continuing to work with Kim on the horse, in the pool, and in the gym. She has some good ideas and thoughts about things to try, which we are more than willing to try. There is something about that place that leaves us both feeling so good when we leave…I’m not quite sure what it is, but it’s so good. Matt talked on Friday about hoping that one day he could maybe help out at a place like that; to give back a little after all he’s been through. It was the first time I’d heard him say anything like that. Normally he doesn’t like to put himself out there like that…but I think he’s changing. He said the other night that he still feels like he’s more and more himself all the time.

We talked on the ride home from Panora the other night, about trying to find a purpose in this situation. All along I have tried to remain open to whatever purpose God may have for us, just trusting in His plan. I have tried to look for opportunities along the way; as we have seen blessings come in to our lives which never would have had our lives taken a different path. We have met some great people, made lasting relationships, learned to appreciate the simple things in life…the list goes on and on. I know that Matt has touched people in ways he is not aware of. I know he continues to inspire people and touch them, as he does me. If nothing else, we have learned so much about the power of living by example. I just hope our devotion to each other, commitment to God, and determination to keep moving forward together have touched others. I’m just so proud of Matt for coming around to the idea that maybe his purpose is different than he originally thought. I think for a long time, he just yearned for his old life. I think now, as he adapts to his new life, he is realizing that his new purpose might actually be more rewarding than that of his previous life. I think he has the opportunity to do great things, and really touch other people’s lives. Even if it’s just by going about his daily life with a positive attitude and a grateful heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrie Anne - The Beginning of the Story

So, I’ve been trying to sort out how to start this story. It’s been difficult to articulate. Difficult to pick which details to share, and which to hold close. But it’s a story too good, too beautiful, not to share – so here goes! When Matt and I first became parents, we thought our family was complete. We envisioned raising Ethan surrounded by loving friends and family – just the two of us. Given all that we had gone through to finally become parents, we felt content with just the one child. The most adorable boy in the whole wide world. Our Ethan was the apple of our eyes – the most amazing gift. We marveled at all of his accomplishments, soaked up all his love and personality, and celebrated the joy of parenthood at every exhausting, wonderful turn. Along the way, we’ve built a strong and loving relationship with Ethan’s birthmother. We visit yearly, and stay in close contact with pictures, emails, and texts. I have attempted to describe my feelings for her many times over the

I may as well tell you...

I had a miscarriage. I’ve debated for weeks whether or not to acknowledge it publicly. It’s such a personal thing…and this is such a public medium. But a few months have gone by and I’m no closer to feeling ok about it and truly nothing else on my mind really compares, so here I am, letting the world in on my secret. Over the past few weeks I’ve found very little comfort in the fact that only a small handful of people know about the miscarriage. It became nearly unbearable this week, during all our wonderful family Christmas celebrations. Being surrounded by so many people who love me and support me and have no idea how my heart has been broken – it’s a lonely place to be. Not that I would want them all to bombard me with pity or questions or sad looks in their eyes – I realize I can’t have it both ways. But a little acknowledgement goes a long way and I simply can’t ignore or deny the fact that something major happened in my life and impacted me, impacts me still.   It was a warm

WE'RE ADOPTING!!

Bah! I said it…er wrote it…out loud. There it is, in black and white for the world to see. (Pause for a drink and a breath) Matt and I are in the very early stages of planning to adopt. We have had a few meetings with an adoption agency, we are gathering the necessary information, and we are making plans to get this ball officially rolling SOON. It has been a very long and winding road to get us to this point, and honestly I never thought we’d get here. Adoption isn’t what we started out hoping for. It isn’t where we thought we’d end up. But here we are – gearing up for what will surely be a life-changing experience for us with hearts full of hope and excitement. The topic of adoption has come up in the past, but we quickly dismissed it for one reason or another. Matt and I have had our fair share of insecurities about whether or not adoption would be a good option for us. Who would look at our family profile and pick us?? It was a burning question that we probably still have